Find, Achieve, Believe!
FAB Discovery 2 (find, Achieve, Believe)
Explore, learn and discover, students will arrive at a pre-set location away from our centre and will need to navigate their way to The Rockblok where they will take part in both climbing and high ropes sessions. The aim will be for students to follow a trail of discovery both physically and mentally following a storyline plot throughout their journey. They will be tasked to record their individual progress throughout the day within their own discovery log (to be provided by The Rockblok).
To finalise and close the session students will be offered exit routes along with advice on where they can continue to be involved, learn more and carry on developing skills learned.
Number of participants per day: 30 to 60 (smaller numbers can be catered for)
- Environmental awareness
- Woodland paths
- High ropes
- Self Confidence
- Team Work
- Navigation and Environmental Awareness – Students will arrive at our pre-set location in a wooded area a short walk from our centre where they will be greeted by our team and introduced to the environment that surrounds them before going onto learn how to navigate their way to the climbing and high ropes at The Rockblok centre.
- Climbing Wall – Students will complete several climbs and belays creating the perfect opportunity to strengthen communication and at the same time reinforce trust and bonding within a group.
- High Ropes – Students will be given the opportunity to overcome challenges on our high ropes course under the guidance and coaching of our dedicated team of instructors before completing an abseil descent.
- Discovery Log/Diary – Students will be asked to keep a record throughout the day of their progress by writing about each activity, the challenges, benefits and how they managed to cope in different situations.
- What and where next: To sum up and close the session students will be offered exit routes along with advice on where they can continue to be involved, learn more and carry on developing skills learned within.
With this package we can also introduce an element of water craft in the form of raft building. Students will arrive once again away from our centre at an alternative location, here they will need to navigate to an expanse of water. Blocked by this they will be issued with equipment to construct a raft with which to cross to the other side before continuing onto the climbing and high ropes at The Rockblok (once changed into dry clothing).
Start time: 10 am
Finish time: 2.30 pm
Number of participants per day: 30
Location: The Rockblok, Bull Brigg Lane, Whitwell, Oakham Rutland, LE15 8BL
Kit list and what to bring along on the day will be provided on confirmation of bookings.
Package price: please contact our centre for prices.