We’ll do the teaching today…
We know that children enjoy using their creativity and imagination in physical activity. Our programmes help them learn new skills in sequences of movements. We encourage communication, collaboration and competition, developing an understanding of how to succeed in different activities and how to evaluate and recognise their own success.
National Curriculum links:
We love welcoming children of all ages. As a guide, Climbing, High Ropes, Cycling and Nature Quests fulfill the following national curriculum requirements for Key Stage 2:
- Physical Education: 1a,b; 2a,b,c; 3a,b; 11a,b, c
- PSHE: 1b; 3e,f,g
- Geography: 2c, 3c
- Science: 2b
Making your day easy…
At the RockBlok we know that each group is different. We’re delighted to make an itinerary that works for you and can tailor all of our activities. As a guide though, your school day with us might look something like this…
Example Activity Sessions and Prices:
- 2 hours morning or afternoon, climbing and high ropes – from £13.98 per person (minimum 10 and maximum 30 students).
- 3 hour session morning or afternoon, climbing high ropes shelters and camp fires – from £16.99 per person (minimum 10 and maximum 45/50 students.
- 4 hours + climbing, high ropes, shelters and camp fires, problem solving, orienteering – from £21.99 per person (all day, duration can be extended with added activities such as soft archery, cycling, team games and water activities at an added cost, please contact us for further details).
- Bespoke packages and courses can also be provided, please contact our centre for further information.
OK, a bit more detail…
The RockBlok team will be waiting to welcome you. Our fully qualified instructors carry the relevant NGB Qualification and are CRB checked. Risk Assessments can be made available on request.
Lets get active:
We have a traverse wall, 8m high climbing wall with both easier and more challenging routes such as our chimney and overhang climbs, abseil tower, orienteering course, shelter and camp fire building area, team building games and more meaning there is something for everyone.
Up on the high ropes:
Our high rope course provides an aerial adventure for Yr 4 and above. As with all of our activities we look to develop mutual support and trust, self-esteem, determination, problem solving and how to overcome challenges.
With plenty of cafés and lawns there’s bags of room to picnic, come rain or shine (please bring along packed lunches).
As part of Rutland Cycling we have Europe’s premier bike hire fleet ready for the next generation of Olympic medallists and Tour de France champs! Traffic-free bike paths, complete equipment, colour maps, full safety and skills training – all you would expect from Rutland Cycling.
Explore and search the beautiful waterside with our puzzle for cycling adventurers.
That made a nice change from school, right? The children think the same thing too! Stay in touch, we’d love to see any work inspired by your visit!
Ready to visit our outdoor classroom?
Click here for booking info, clothing advice, health and safety and more.